Wednesday 9 July 2014

W.I.P Wednesday and a poorly boy

Today has been a little hetic - I have a poorly Little Bear who doesn't really know what he wants to do with himself, he has been poorly for about a week but yesterday his temperature hit 41 degrees so it was time to see a Doctor - chest and ear infection apparently poor little thing - he is snoozing away at the moment so hopefully he will be a bit more himself this afternoon.

Whilst he is snoozing I thought I would share my W.I.P's (work in progress).. and yes the 's implies plural - please tell me that I am not the only one to have more than one thing on the go at a time?!


Crochet dress
So this is the crocheted dress I am making for Little Fairy's arrival - I have never made a dress before with crochet but it's not very complex and looks ok so far!

Stitching details

The reason I've pulled it back out again and am frantically working on it is because Little Fairy's doll pattern arrived yesterday - much earlier than I thought and I just can't wait to get started on it. I have promised hubby to finish the above dress before embarking on something new though!

The other thing I have on the go at the moment is made from this..

Cotton yarn

I LOVE this yarn.. it is quite expensive so only bought as a treat or to make special things - the colours and texture are just too lovely!! Really nice to work with and just scrummy! It is James C. Brett Cotton On Double Knitting if anyone is interested. So what have I made with it?!

Floral baby hats

Rose motif

Rose motif
Baby hats! Each of them had a rose motif which makes them look very girly and pretty. The hat at the bottom was me just trying to get use to using this type of yarn again - just a beanie single crochet hat.

Scalloped edging
The edging I used on this is very dainty and perfect for a little girl's hat. I'm sure many of you have used this edging before - I first used it on a blanket edge.

Hats don't take up very much yarn at all so I had plenty left over to start on a small moses basket blanket. I am so pleased with the colour combination - it reminds me of Summer?

Summer colours

So far
As you can see the shaping is starting to go a little - think this is down to my tension more than anything but I need to find out if I can block this type of wool in the same way as the usual DK yarn that I use - does anyone know?

Once I finish these two projects I can move onto Little Fairy's doll - I need to buy some wool for her as I don't have quite the right shades I want. No doubt she will have her own dedicated blog post soon!

Thanks to all those who have been leaving comments - I am about to go on a blog hunt to try and make some new friends so will look for all your latest blog posts!

Holly x

2 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty colours in your crochet. I love those little hats. Your crochet dress looks like a challenge - really lovely. I shall pop back - welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you for your comment. I can't seem to get enough of those colours in the cotton yarn - so bright and happy! I have just added your blog to my read list :o)
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete